Lost Book Gem:--> "The Tomb" by F. Paul Wilson...& Wings




"Hung on the phone-a
Hung on the phone-a
Hung on the phone again."
~ Wings ~



NO SPOILERS:

In The Tomb, F. Paul Wilson introduces us to his most intriguing character...Repairman Jack.

In his first appearance, we quickly learn that Jack is a hero for the common man. He has trained himself in various types of fighting tactics and is intensely streetwise.  Imagine Rambo without a chip on his shoulder.

He supports himself by offering "special" services...fixing problems the average Joe doesn't know how to go about solving.
See...you're going to like Jack.

There's one catch though.  Some of his jobs have a tendency to brush elbows with the macabre.  And that's just fine.  The story is tightly paced, the characters mesh, and I'm in for the long haul.

In this story, Jack is asked to retrieve a necklace that was roughly taken by a foreign government figure.  The necklace, of course, is more than just a piece of jewelry.

And Jack learns through a series of strange events, that this government guy has a most unusual "agenda' which involves terminating the bloodline of several people.

With a delicious plot, "The Tomb" reads smoother than extra-whipped Jello pudding. 400 pages of fun.

Lost Gem:--> "Spirits Of Ancient Eqypt - Wings (1975)


You're my baby and I love you
You can take a pound of love
And cook it in the stew . . . . .
When you've finished doing that
I know what you'll want to do
Cos you're my baby and I love you

I'm your baby -- do you love me? 
I can drive a cadillac
Across the irish sea
But when I've finished doing that
I know where I'll want to be
Cos I'm your baby, and you love me.

Spirits of ancient egypt
Shadows of ancient rome
Spirits of ancient egypt
Hung on the telly
Hung on the telly
Hung on the telephone . . . .

You're my baby, I know you know
You could sell an elevator
To geronimo
And when you've finished doing that
I know where you'll want to go
Cos you're my baby, I know you know

Spirits of ancient egypt
Echoes of sunken spain
Spirits of ancient egypt
Hung on the phone-a
Hung on the phone-a
Hung on the phone a
gain.

Good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview:-- Joan Staley (Actress - Classic Movies & Television)

Interview:--> Terry Kirkman (The Association)

Interview -- Henry Lee Summer (Singer/Songwriter)