Lost Gem: "Gotta Get Away" - Randy Meisner (1980)


"It's been too long a time.
I've been ready to go...
But I just couldn't face it.
~ Randy Meisner ~ 


"One More Song" (1980)...unfairly found itself a room near the ice machine in the..."Motel Six discount bin".

Maybe it was the changing musical climate...but...ex-Poco/Eagle...Randy Meisner's music was sadly being dismissed.

The underrated solo work of  Randy Meisner ...was certainly as enjoyable as any of the other Eagles who tripped off alone on their own vinyl spins.

Meisner's work is filled with honest...earth-strong songs...and may surprise many how well the music still holds up. 

Lost Gem:--> "Gotta Get Away"...is Meisner's humble farewell to "life in the fast lane"...and captures nicely the warm down-to-earth...L.A. country-rock sounds...proving this Eagle still knew how to fly.

Have you heard this one?


I gotta get away
Gonna leave this town today
It's been too long a time
I've been ready to go
But I just couldn't face it
My back's to the wall
Ooh, don't you know
I can't take it no more

This time in my life I know I won't be coming home
Can't you see in my eyes I'm gonna have to go it alone
I don't know where I'm going
All I know
Is that I gotta get away from here

There ain't nothin' in these dusty streets
But there's something in these dreams
I don't know what they mean
They come and they go
And they keep haunting me
Night after night
I turn them away
But they keep calling

This time in my life I know I won't be coming home
Can't you see in my eyes I'm gonna have to go it alone
I don't know where I'm going
All I know
Is that I gotta get away from here

Good stuff!

Casey Chambers
Follow Me On  FACEBOOK  &  TWITTER

Comments

Unknown said…
I love Randys post Eagles songs! He didn't get publicity...
Unknown said…
Such an amazingly beautiful voice. I love his music.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview:-- Joan Staley (Actress - Classic Movies & Television)

Interview:--> Terry Kirkman (The Association)

Interview -- Henry Lee Summer (Singer/Songwriter)